December 6

Updates from Room 201

This week was a great week!  Our class continues to amaze me at how hard they work and how well they work together.  It’s two weeks until break and I know the energy will be ramping up.  I will do my best to give us breaks and keep structure as much as possible.

Weekly Reflections

Today your child is coming home with their first Weekly Reflections paper.  My hope is for the students to reflect on their own learning:  What did they do well this week?  What was hard for them?  What could they do better?

There is a place for your signature.  I am encouraging each student to go home and talk to parents about their week, using this form.  Then I would like you to sign it and have them return it to school.  I want to check in to make sure they are communicating with you and then I will send it back home for you to keep.

Blanket Donations

Thank you for all of the blanket donations.  I will be shopping next Wednesday night to buy the materials we need.  On Friday we will be making the blankets by measuring each cut, which ties into our math unit.  Fabric scissors would help a lot.  Do you have fabric scissors that you would be willing to share, just for the day?  We will also be making cards for the children.

Everyone is invited to bring the blankets down to the Children’s Hospital on December 18 at 4:30.  We will do a quick drop off, take a couple of pictures, and be on our way!

COMING UP:

Dec. 3- Dec. 18:  Candy Cane sale to support 5th grade camp.  $1.00/each
December 12: Holiday Program.   Click HERE for more details.
December 13: Early Release- dismissal at 12:15pm
December 16: Holiday Shop (Information is coming home today!)
December 19: Polar Express Party  9:00am- more details to come next week!

Posted December 6, 2019 by Karman Houtstra in category Uncategorized