August 13

Welcome to a New Year

Hi Everyone and welcome to a new school year!!!  This year is going to be a year like no other and will be one to go down in the history books. I am committed to making sure each one of my students feels valued and safe here at school.  We will work slowly and cautiously as we learn new routines not just for a new classroom but also for new health & safety guidelines.

Many of you are wondering what school supplies to get.  We are asking for a few more than normal because everyone needs to have their own supplies this year.  Please make sure to label your child’s name on each item you bring in to the classroom.

Items Needed for Learning:  

• (1) writing composition book
  • (2) spiral notebooks
  • (1) black sharpie permanent marker
  • (2) fine point dry erase markers
  • (2-3) glue sticks
  • no. 2 pencils (not mechanical pencils)
  • erasers
  • 24 count box of crayons
  • colored pencils
  • markers
  • scissors
  • (1-2) highlighters
  • (5) two-pocket folders (No binder needed)
    • red, yellow, blue, green, purple or orange

Do not send in any kind of pencil pouch or pencil box.  We will be storing supplies a little differently this year so they can easily be taken to specials classes.

Please be sure your child has a clean mask each day.  It wouldn’t hurt to store an extra one in your child’s backpack just in case.  Thank you!  Masks will be required much of the day but we will be taking mask and brain breaks several times throughout the day.

Students can and are encouraged to bring in a water bottle, labeled with their name.  They will keep these on their desks.  We will also take a morning snack break.  Please send in one snack everyday.

Once we have a class list, I will create a google doc for donation items that would be helpful to have in class.

For PE:

Please send in one pair of clean gym shoes that can be left at school.  They don’t need to be brand new, just clean soles.

This is it for now.  I have been in the classroom getting it ready and I can’t wait to have these little bodies enter and start the school year.  Please email me at khoutstra@hpseagles.net with any questions.

Tags:

Posted August 13, 2020 by Karman Houtstra in category Uncategorized