June 1

Last Week of School

Wow! Can I just say that I cannot believe this is the last week of school?  I am really going to miss your child.  This has been a growth year for sure.  Your child has continued to adapt and follow new guidelines and rules that have been placed on all of us. As I’ve working on report cards, I have been reflecting on each individual student and I am just so proud of the effort and progress that has been made.  It makes me smile.

Looking ahead to our last week, I have some fun things planned intermixed with some review of old material.  Although I don’t want to give away all of the surprises, please plan on them being outside a little more this week so if you’d like to lather them with sunscreen may not be a bad idea. Also, everyone should bring a water bottle with their name on it.

On Thursday, we will be going to the pond.  The students earned this with their Dojo Points.  They are allowed to bring nets and boots.  I will watch and make sure no one goes into the water, but I know they will be close to the water’s edge and I don’t want their shoes to get wet.  We’ve been down to the pond a couple of times this spring and there is a lot of activity with reptiles and birds.  I think it will be a fun time.

Friday, our last day, will be a 1/2 day.  Students will be dismissed at 12:15.

Report cards are not due until June 11.  They will be collected in the office and all sent out at once.  As Mr. Waldie stated in his email on Friday, the next year’s teacher will not be known to you until later this summer.

Below are two pictures from our red, white, and blue day on Friday. I believe we are just missing Jaxon.  Sorry for this, he had an appointment at the time we took the picture. And yes, we took a quick one without masks.  I couldn’t resist.  Look at those smiles! 🙂

Posted June 1, 2021 by Karman Houtstra in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “Last Week of School

1. Kim

Lisa I was just thinking the same thing! Seeing the FULL smiles and not just the smiling eyes makes me happy!

Reply