March 10

Updates from Room 201

Night one of conferences is complete and I enjoyed meeting with all of you!  I love talking about your child and praising their successes.  I also like seeing YOU and being able to have open communication about your child.  It is a privilege to have your son or daughter in class.  Thank you me to be with them every day!

Jets Pizza Winner

We won the Jets Pizza contest for February!!  We are going to have pizza delivered this Friday, March 13.  Still send in a snack for our morning break, but also send something to drink with their pizza.

Also, our class earned a FORT DAY!  Your child can bring a blanket and a stuffed animal to school on Friday as well.

Bookmark with a Timer

Mrs. Jaroh found a great tool for students to use to track their minutes read!  She found a bookmark with a timer for less than $10!  There is also a bookmark with a timer and an LED light for those students who like to read at night.  This one is only $13.  It’s something to consider if you are struggling with your child timing their reading at home.  It could also be an added incentive.

Homework

Remember that the weekly assignment on Study Island is due by Monday morning. – We are looking for a 70% or higher score! Please encourage your child to do his or her best!  Students can do the assignment more than once, especially if they score below 70%.  I will use the results from their homework and practice in class on Study Island to know how to work with small groups on these properties in the next couple of weeks.

News from the Book Fair Michigan/Michigan State Competition

Currently MSU is ahead in our All for Books coin collection! We have 2 more days to collect coins and Thursday the winner will be announced. The winning team will wear their colors on Friday!

M-STEP Information from Mrs. Reagan:

“Dear Parents,

The MSTEP State testing for grades 3-5 will take place this spring.  I wanted you to have information on the dates in advance so that you can schedule appointments around these testing dates.

The dates for our MSTEP tests are as follows:

Grade 3: May 5, 6, 7  (9am-12 pm)

Grade 4: May 12, 13, 14 (9am-12pm)

Grade 5: April 21, 22, 23, 28, 29  (9am – 12pm)

Spring Break – Friday, April 3rd – Sunday, April 10th

• Please fill out a Vacation Form if you plan to miss any days of school outside of these dates!

Posted March 10, 2020 by Karman Houtstra in category Uncategorized